2010/11/05

Chengdu Girl With Daring Fashion Sense, A Real Xiao Yue Yue? – digg china

Chengdu's real life version of Xiao Yue Yue.

Recently…

On Mop, Tianya (1 & 2), Tiexue:

A real life version of Xiao Yue Yue appears on Chengdu’s Chunxi Road, incites brutal gawking!

Chengdu's real life version of Xiao Yue Yue.

Chengdu's real life version of Xiao Yue Yue.

Chengdu's real life version of Xiao Yue Yue.

Who is Xiao Yue Yue?

Xiao Yue Yue is a fat girl who became extremely popular after stories of her shocking and embarrassing behavior was being posted on the Chinese internet. See: Xiao Yue Yue Becomes Latest Chinese Internet Celebrity.

It was later discovered that she is not a real person but part of a Chinese internet publicity stunt organized by the popular Tianya discussion forum. Update: Xiao Yue Yue Exposed As Tianya Forum Publicity Stunt

Comments from Tianya (1 & 2):

南非世界杯组委会:

Oh my, the onlookers in the first photograph are too incredible, but that is too hurtful towards a person’s self-respect as well~~

阿伊拉5:

Is this real? I suspect it was intentionally organized [for publicity]? How could there be someone so ignorant of what looks good and bad, who doesn’t know shame? How come I’ve never seen [someone like this]? People on the streets are all dressed up, never mind how good looking they are. Beautiful girls and handsome guys swim by like fish in the river. I always enjoy going out, treating the street like my own beauty school class.

yixinxiawa:

Being looked at by everyone and still being so calm!!!
This thing isn’t a person, this thing is Xiao Yue Yue!!!

光19870904:

OH MY lady GAGA

cacaqiqi:

I’m already over five months pregnant and my belly can’t even compare with her’s.

看不下韩剧的女人:

Why make fun of others, this is her aesthetic. If you guys don’t like it, then don’t look.

薇姿8546:

I’ve seen this girl twice on Chunxi Road, and she is far more ridiculous than she appears in these photos.
The first time I saw her, she was wearing that pink outfit in the first photo, except it was see-through, without any underwear inside, ridiculous to the extreme.
The second time I saw her, she only wore a black bra, with shorts on the bottom, and a little black coat on the outside.
Her “turn heads percentage” is 300%.

OMG这是什么世道:

Chengguan should carry her off to the mental hospital. This obviously is a mental problem.

猪是我我是猪:

Seeing these photos, I became excited. In August of this year when I went to Chengdu for vacation and was taking a stroll on Chunxi Road, I saw this girl. At the time, I thought “how could this girl dress like this?” I even took two pictures. *sweat*… seems like my running into her wasn’t just a coincidence [because she is often seen by many].

I don’t think it is a publicity stunt. When I saw her, she looked very self-composed walking on the street. I felt she was very self-confident. Plus, there weren’t anyone taking photos of her at the time either.

At the time, I felt this girl was very daring in her dress.

Daringly dressed Chengdu girl.

Took two photos. Sharing with everyone.

Daringly dressed Chengdu girl.

枉凝眉_tt:

I have to worship these kinds of people with such awesome self-confidence.

shuiyang101:

Too incredible, that there are actually people like this.

月神教小馄饨:

I used to have a tiny bit of suspicion/skepticism towards Rong Rong’s Xiao Yue Yue.

Today, I see the truth.

Rong Rong, I believe you now. ┭┮﹏┭┮

Several months ago…

From a Sinovision blog (晨曦的西瓜园, “Dawn’s Watermelon Garden”):

Chengdu’s “Maitreya Girl” [or "Buddha Girl"]

During hot summer days, girls are wearing less and less, and their clothes becoming stranger and stranger. This too has become a kind of fad/trend, becoming a bright and beautiful scene of the city. However, recently on the streets of Chengdu, the way two girls have dressed have made it difficult for others to refrain from laughing. Because both of them are too fat, and are wearing too little, with their fleshy bodies exposed for all to see, at a glance, they look like the Maitreya in [Buddhist] temples. Because they are female, netizens have laughingly called them “Maitreya Girl”. The photos:

Chengdu's "Buddha Girl"

Chengdu's "Buddha Girl"

Chengdu's "Buddha Girl"

Chengdu's "Buddha Girl"

Two different girls or the same girl?

Girls with a daring sense of style. chinaSMACK personals.

No comments:

Post a Comment