2010/10/22

Hangzhou Delicacies: Fried Insects, Scorpions, Spiders… – digg china

Insect treats from Hangzhou, China.

From NetEase and Mop:

These Hangzhou delicacies, are you brave enough to eat them?

I’m not, I’m afraid. They are, after all, scorpions, spiders, centipedes, and other poisonous insects! Photographed September 30th on the Dadou Road delicacies street in Hangzhou.

Insect delicacies from Hangzhou, China.

A spider treat from Hangzhou, China.

Hangzhou, China bug treats.

Hangzhou, China insect treats.

Roasted or fried insect treats in Hangzhou, China.

Weird edible treats in Hangzhou, China.

Comments from Mop:

707254340:

Fuck, Lanzhou Old Man…you almost disgusted brother [referring to self] to death.

凄惨惨:

I admit, there appears to be two things I’ve eaten before.

星夜冰空:

Uh~ I’d like to eat them. Honestly, I’m not the least bit disgusted.

我不是小米饭:

Humans, truly the most frightening animal.

拿蓝领工资的白领:

Hangzhou food is exactly this trash, NND, on the second I attended a [Hangzhou] schoolmate’s wedding banquet, it was so disgusting I couldn’t even swallow, and only after it was over when several other schoolmates and I went to the [street vendors] for lamb kebabs did I get full [had a satisfying meal].

小皇帝归来:

I admit I’ve eaten scorpions before. They were fried till they were very crispy, and you actually can’t tell what you are eating.

鱼在自杀:

I’ve eaten before when I’ve been to Hangzhou, and actually they’re all very tasty, and quite fragrant.

你不帅呀:

I knew N years ago that these are sold in Hangzhou! They completely overturned  my impression of Hangzhou! Especially that large fried spider!

alljian:

There isn’t anything us Guangdong people are afraid to eat…

Have you eaten these “delicacies” before? What is the “strangest” thing you have eaten before? Did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment